Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things on the horizon

I'm working on an EP right now, written and recorded in the comfort of my bedroom. I recently went berserk and bought a bunch of gear on ebay: an MIM Fender Jazz bass, a single-channel pre-amp ("The Brick"), and a Boss tuner pedal. Add that to the Jazzmaster I bought from this cool dude in Huntington Beach a couple months ago, plus a (children's) drum set my sister gave to me last weekend, and you've got a recipe for hit-making success! Or unmitigated disaster, I have to check my figures. Not sure if this EP will have the "Hot TV" moniker on it (patent-pending) since the songs are a little more low-key than the usually-unbridled Hot TV hits (all two of them). I dunno, it just seems kind of lame to put my actual name on it. Maybe I'll just label it "Mark B." But then that just makes me sound like a Spice Girl.

In non-Hot TV related news: I'm heading down to San Diego this weekend for the Modlins' first studio session for their third album. They recently asked me to help produce it, which I feel simultaneously flattered, excited, and vindicated about. (What took you so long, guys? I mean, come on!) Maybe they're just shy. Anyway I'm really looking forward to San Diego this weekend, especially because it means I'll be able to get my hands on a true-blue California burrito. And if I play my cards right, I just might be able to get Eric to pay for it.

2 comments:

eric said...

you gotta update this thing more often. i can't keep reading the same two updates.

Mark said...

Well maybe if something would happen, I could "blog" about it.