Sunday, October 12, 2008

Change of plans (part two)

Now this is just getting embarrassing. Turns out I wasn't as prepared to move to San Diego as I thought I was, and now I'll be staying in LA for an indefinite period of time until I can get my head straight with this decision. My advice to you: don't believe anything I write here. Except for the following:

Yesterday's first-ever Guerilla Fest was a complete success (and then some). Six bands played at six outdoor locations around LA, one band per location. We had 25-30 people in our caravan at any given time (all the bands, a couple girlfriends, a couple friends, and one dog), which really helped with the whole loading-in/loading-out situation. We were actually ahead of schedule for most of the fest, which was pretty amazing. Equally amazing was that the cops didn't show up at all to break up the proceedings (except at the very end, right after our set). A small camera crew was on hand to document the event, so once footage of that becomes available I will let you know. All in all it was a ton of fun and I was pretty stoked to be part of it.

I've got another show with this band (now known as Traps PS) this Saturday at Pehrspace with A.M. and the Muslims. Please come see what the fuss is about.

No comments: